The safety and well-being of our students, families, and staff is Modern learning Studio's highest priority. We have been and will continue to follow the information and guidance provided by the SL Government (PHI), the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as the department of public health in each community we serve.
Entrance Health Screenings
Modern Learning Studio is closely monitoring the health and attendance of all students, families, and staff. All individuals will have his/her temperature taken and given a brief health screening prior to entering to the school. As a precaution, we ask that grandparents do not drop off or pick up children if possible.
Please notify the Center Director if your child or a member of your household has any of the above symptoms:
- Shortness of Breath
If your child, a member of your household, or you have been diagnosed with or exposed to Coronavirus, please notify the Center Director immediately. This includes if your place of employment is closed due to a positive or presumptive positive case. Please also notify us if your child or a family member exhibits any respiratory symptoms.
The CDC continues to emphasize the risk of any illness if reduced with proper handwashing, staying away from others who are ill, and if you are ill, staying home until you are symptom free for 24 hours.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Modern Learning studio will follow the PHI and local health agency recommendations for cleaning and disinfecting the building. We have reviewed our cleanliness processes with our staff which include handwashing, disinfecting/sanitizing toys and equipment, and proper use of gloves.
Modern Learning studio will continue to implement SLPHI recommendations to prevent infection for students and staff, which include:
- Washing Hands Often: Students and staff will wash hands using soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds frequently throughout the day.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick especially those with respiratory symptoms.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Staying home when you are sick/keep your child home when he/she is sick.
- Practicing proper cough and sneeze etiquette: Cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. If tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your shoulder by lifting the collar of your shirt covering your nose and mouth. Wash hands immediately after both scenarios.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Curb Side Drop-off and Pick-up: Curb side drop-off and pick-up will be implemented to minimize the number of individuals entering the school.
- Additional teacher and staff training: Teachers and staff will continue to be trained on the enhanced precautions and preventative measures for health and safety.
Health & Safety Learning Activities
We are working hard to maintain a safe learning environment for all students and staff by continuously educating students and staff about the importance of frequent hand washing; proper techniques for covering a cough or sneeze; not touching one’s eyes, nose, and mouth; staying home when ill, and other measures to prevent the spread of all communicable diseases.
Communication & Additional Information
We will continue to monitor this situation and provide updates as often as necessary. Thanks in advance for working with us to keep all our students and staff healthy and safe.